Friday, November 21, 2014

Priyanka and Parineeti Chopra’s cousin Actress Barbie Handa aka Mannara Interview

‘I seek Priyanka’s advice when I feel it’s needed!’
PC’s cousin Mannara who is all set to make her Bolly debut talks about the advantages of having a superstar in the family and more..

Priyanka and Parineeti Chopra’s cousin Mannara is all set to make her Bollywood debut with Vivek Agnihotri’s Zid. Though the film doesn’t star an established actor, it has managed to grab eyeballs courtesy its racy trailer which was released few days ago and went viral on the internet within no time. We decided to catch up with the young actress…


The trailer of Zid went viral and has received over two million views on YouTube. How does it feel?
We are all on the top of the world. Super happy! I feel blessed, given the way my film has been received. I just hope all my hard work, sincerity and the trust that the film makers showed in me pays off and the film proves to be successful, both in multiplexes as well as single screens.


Usually actresses play safe with their debut films. Weren’t you apprehensive about taking up Zid since its a bold film?
I completely followed my instincts when I heard the script. It was a difficult role but my director and producer had confidence that I could pull off a character like this. It has a wide spectrum of emotions and I sincerely hope that I did justice to it.


There are a lot of bold and intimate scenes in Zid. Do you think you would get typecast because of the same? Actresses like Mallika Sherawat and Sunny Leone did get typecast…
Though the movie is bold, it is not full of intimate scenes, rather it is an amalgamation of drama, thrill and wonderful music which most certainly will keep the viewers engrossed. I feel lucky that I was chosen to take up this role, in turn interpreting, showcasing and bringing onscreen the character I play. I’ve put my best foot forward and have left no stone unturned in doing so, doing justice to the challenging and performance-based script. I just hope that filmmakers like my work and the industry welcomes me with open arms and I get opportunities to experiment with roles which would challenge my acting capabilities.


We have heard that you’re a Kathak dancer and have even learned hip-hop and belly dancing. So wouldn’t it have been better to debut with a dance film since the genre is also growing in Bollywood?
I believe that an actor doesn’t choose his/her debut film, it’s the film that chooses the actor and then destiny plays its role! Also, it’s rather important to get out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself as a person and as an actor and I guess playing Maya, I discovered a different side to myself and the character, somebody who is nice, bubbly, emotional, bold and perilous at the same time highlighting various shades of the character.

Your cousin sister Priyanka Chopra tweeted about the trailer of your film. She even clarified about your Twitter account which is nice. Do you think having a superstar in the family helps?
It certainly does! And especially when it’s somebody as helpful and motivating as Priyanka Chopra. She is a pillar of support and helpful at the same time. When you have someone like her who is at the top of the heap, all her experience comes handy to us newcomers who are making an entry into the same world.


You started your career down South with Prema Geema Jantha Nai. Any particular reason because by then you had already done commercials with Priyanka and you did get noticed…
I consider it to be a privilege to work with Priyanka but every individual has a journey of his own and mine started down South. I genuinely loved working there. Now I am very happy with my Bollywood debut, Zid.


Is Bollywood your only focus for now or are you open to doing films down South as well?
I’m open to all kinds of films and industries as long as I love the script and the setup.

Any other Bollywood films offered to you?
The response to my trailer has been overwhelming. I have just taken my baby steps into this world. My agency is in talks with several filmmakers. But right now my priority is my debut film.


What kind of rapport do you share with Priyanka and Parineeti. Do you go to Priyanka for any professional advice?
We have a very healthy relationship as sisters and I definitely seek PC’s advice when I feel it’s needed.

Lastly, both Priyanka and Parineeti love singing. Is that the case with you as well?
Yes, I love singing too. Singing runs in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write your suggestions and thoughts.