Friday, November 21, 2014

Maya merchandise on sale

Maya merchandise on sale

Enlarge Image 
 
Running to packed houses Maya the musical is a partnership between Teach for India students and artists on Broadway. The musical is an original script with Broadway composed music, and tells the story of Princess Maya’ s journey to “Find her Light”. Actor Rahul Bose commented after watching the show, “It was astounding! I didn’t expect such a high level of stage awareness, confidence, poise. I know these kids. I have met these kids before but i just didn’t expect this. A musical is really difficult to pull off, and to do that with the energy they were doing it with show after show, the music itself is beautifully composed I know someone from Broadway came down and helped your team but I’m really staggered.”
Maya is a magical adventure of Princess Maya , her pet dragoness Kutti, the talking peacock Indigo, mystical spinning Zara, evil Prince Daksh and the nine – headed snake Ska. The task is to bring light back into her kingdom.
After watching the play actor Boman Irani said, “I have been witnessed to something that has woken me up from my sleep, not that I was sleepy but generally in life you are so used to doing things that have a routine and mundaneness. I saw something that kind of woke me up, the children who did this wonderful play Maya along with Teach For India are truly blessed. They were joyous and they were happy and they were every single adjective that you could use to make one feel that they feel fulfilled.”
Teach for India has tied up with Hopscotch.in India’s premiere online store for baby and kids brands to retail the merchandise created for Maya. One can avail of bags, stickers and greeting cards. The merchandise has been created on the lines of the various characters in the play. All proceeds will go towards Teach for India.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write your suggestions and thoughts.