Thursday, September 8, 2011

Actor Udita Goswami, who recently went on a trip to Kashmir for the first time, talks about the captivating charm of the valley and shares her memories

Kashmir ki kali

Actor Udita Goswami, who recently went on a trip to Kashmir for the first time, talks about the captivating charm of the valley and shares her memories


Actor Udita Goswami surely doesn't believe in all work and no play. So even though she is pretty busy these days, what with writing a script — a love story, even as she awaits the release of her film, Diary of a Butterfly, she took time out for a well-deserved break.
The actor recently visited Kashmir for the first time ever. She admits that she is now back with lots of romantic ideas for her script. Udita reveals that Kashmir has been on her dream destination list for a long time now as she'd been dying to see the heaven on earth. Udita's dream was about to come true when a schedule of her upcoming film was slated to be shot in Kashmir but unfortunately it didn't work out.
But Udita couldn't keep Kashmir out her mind. So, when she went to Delhi to visit her brother, an irresistible offer came her way. She was asked to make for an appearance in Kashmir for a corporate event and the next thing, Udita boarded a Srinagar flight from Delhi right away.
Her first impression of the city was its beautiful weather and breathtaking scenery. Talking about the beauty of Kashmir Udita says, "It was fantastic to see whatever I could in the little time I had. To see Dal Lake and drive a small boat was an experience I shall not forget in a long time. Shikaras were beautiful too. I also visited Chashme Shahi garden and Shankaracharya Temple. I was upset about not being able to make it to Gulmarg. But I am so fascinated with this mesmersing land that I want to go with my family soon."
Accompanied by comedian Sudesh Lahiri, Udita traveled safely in this volatile valley. She says, "I saw stoning between police and the locals. I recorded the incicident from my car. It was a different experience altogether. I was not scared, but yes it was just unbelievable."
However, no matter what, Udita feels that Kashmir remains as beautiful as ever. "Kashmir is like Jannat in India — so serene and entralling. Kashmir really is the paradise that one must visit before one dies. I want to go there with my family at the earliest," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write your suggestions and thoughts.