Saturday, May 28, 2011

Paris, je t'aime


Loads of fun smashing plates after a hearty meal in Paris

Always wanted to tick Paris of his list of places that he has visited. But when he finally embarked on his much-awaited journey, the long flight duration dampened his day. However, his exhaustion seemed to vanish, as soon as he stepped out of the flight and "took the first gulp of Parisian air. It made me realise that every bit of the long flight was worth it," he says.
"The airport was overflowing with women dressed in chic solids, dominated by beige and peaches, with whimsically tied silk scarves around their necks. It is with a lot of excitement that I headed to the heart of Paris, to showcase my line for a brand," says the designer, admitting that he just couldn't help but take note of the fashionable people in Paris, the moment he got off.
"Paris is such a popular destination but what I enjoyed the most is that the culture has still been kept alive. I preferred walking and explored quite a bit of it on foot. I walked the streets of Rive Gauche after sunrise, in the quaint brick lanes — noticing each age old lamp post. I felt like I was on a movie set!" says. His only grouse is that he unfortunately did not have the time to sight see as much as he would have liked to. "But I did pass the Louvre and took some time out to stare at one of the wonders of the world. This truly is the most romantic city in the world," he says cheering up.
One of his main agendas during his stay in Paris was to de-stress and unwind. "I enjoyed lovely evenings at famous areas such as the youthful Latin Quarters and the swanky Champs Elysees. One particular incident stood out for me, when a couple of my friends and I were at this Greek restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and the tradition there was that after one finishes their meal, they should smash the plate on the street! People were actually denied a table as their quota of plates had run out! The visual of all the shattered pieces of porcelain plates still makes me smile. Something so simple, yet so beautiful," recalls .
Walking on the quaint streets of Paris at night, with the smell of roasted chestnuts and wafting around the exotic patisseries is what still treasures. The simplicity of it all, he says, is what inspires him in everyday life and also helps him to create as a designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write your suggestions and thoughts.