Thursday, December 8, 2011

New York diaries Actor Ali Zafar, who was in New York recently, can't stop gushing about the place as he talks about his favourite spots in the city

New York diaries

Actor Ali Zafar, who was in New York recently, can't stop gushing about the place as he talks about his favourite spots in the city





Actor Ali Zafar has been to New York a couple of times, but every time before he leaves the place, he already begins planning his next trip to the city. The actor, who was there to shoot for a film a couple of months back, says New York is one of his favourite destinations in the world. He says, "New York is one of those places I can keep visiting again and again. It is not my first visit to the city, but each time I come here, the place surprises me. This time we were shooting at the Hudson River bridge and incidentally at the same time, the Batman crew was also there shooting for their next film. Hudson River is a beautiful location and we were shooting there for a week, but the rest of the time I was pretty much running all around the place." Ali says the best thing about New York is the vibe and the energy of the place. This time he was in the city during the Halloween weekend, when the entire place is buzzing. "The last time too I was in New York, it was the Halloween weekend. Halloween is that time of the year when everyone dresses up and parties. I missed the parade and couldn't get to party. But the last time around, I witnessed the parade, dressed up and went partying all night," he says. He also recommends that the best time to visit New York would be sometime in July and August. His favourite place in the city is obviously The Times Square. "If anyone has a day to spend in New York, I suggest they have lunch at Tribbiani's, head out to the city later and then spend the evening at Times Square. If one has some more time, a Broadway play is the best way to unwind," he says. Ask him what the best thing about New York is and he quips it's the freedom to walk around and just be at ease. "The place has a vibe similar to that of Mumbai. The people, the culture and the energy... everything is lovely. I am that kind of a person who loves to soak up on the city and explore the place on foot. So any place where I get to walk endlessly is the best bet. In New York, I can do that; I can be myself for hours together. I love that feeling. Also, New York is very special to me because I got all the equipment for my music studio from the New York Guitar Centre. And music in an intrinsic part of my life. So the city too holds special importance."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write your suggestions and thoughts.