Friday, November 25, 2011

Picture perfect Singapore! ...Is what actor Tejaswini Kolhapure experienced on her recent trip to the island state

Picture perfect Singapore!

...Is what actor Tejaswini Kolhapure experienced on her recent trip to the island state



A vibrant, multi-cultural, and cosmopolitan island-state, Singapore expresses the essence of today's New Asia. In Singapore, each surrounding area has its own distinct flavour, from the aromatic spice stores of Little India to the tumbledown backstreets of Chinatown or the Arab Quarter, whose cluttered stores sell fine clothes and silks.
Though Singapore is known as the best business destination in the world, actor Tejaswini Kolhapure's trip to this place was for a wedding. "It was a two-in-one trip for me. I had a wedding to attend and I also got to meet one of my closest college friends who live there," says Tejaswini. But what struck the actor the most was the cleanliness. "When I landed I couldn't miss how clean Singapore was — it was like a picture postcard. Secretly, I wished for our Mumbai to be this clean some day." Tejaswini was also glad to get some respite from the Mumbai traffic, "Singapore, I felt, is not a very big city because getting from point A to point B didn't take more than 30 minutes, considering the travel we do in Mumbai. Also when the roads are great, drives are better as well," she adds.
Besides the beautiful sights, and skyscrapers there are great shopping centres in Singapore. Also, it has a buzzing nightlife. "Shopping, particularly for electronics is a must here. I managed to buy things like shoes from my favourite brands and a laptop for my husband. Orchard Street is the most happening place in terms of shopping and night scene. I also got souvenirs for my niece and nephews." Describing the food scene in Singapore, Tejaswini says, "People here are very polite and sweet and the food was to die for. I went to this popular joint called Jumbo where I had the Singaporean chilly crab. It was a bit too sweet though. Next time, I shall have the black pepper one."
Though the actor was disappointed in missing out on Sentosa Island, she lists out three must-do things when in Singapore. "You have to eat at the Jumbo restaurant. Also you must go on this street called Clarkys, which is full of clubs and restaurants by the river. Thirdly, shopping at Orchard Street." Finally Tejaswini brands Singapore to be an impressive package of food, fashion and fun! "It was a wonderful trip. Singapore is not very big but it's very clean and everything there is in order. Also, it's so green, with a fabulous shopping scene and excellent food," Tejaswini ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do write your suggestions and thoughts.